Okay, you have paid the fees, the semester is about to start, and you are wondering: How do I maximize my Return on Investment (ROI)? And the investment is not only your parent’s money or a bank loan but 3 to 4 years of your life. Or you are in fear of not getting a job after your Graduation course. With the help of below-mentioned tips, you will get to know how to find a job before graduation.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind while doing your graduation:
- Stop collecting certificates to add in your resume, those might help you, but companies need experience, learn some skills, and do real-life projects.
- Study for knowledge rather than marks, having in-depth knowledge in your interest field with average marks would be more than enough.
- If you’re interested in coding or have some creative ideas, then learn it otherwise hire some of your friends to build something (website or app) for you so that you can sell it in the market.
- Learn how to sell anything, either sell your own products or do it for a startup.
- Learn from everyone, try to explore new things, get in touch with your seniors, attend seminars/ workshops (not for just certificates but knowledge).
- Do some courses along with your graduation in free time or vacations.
- Join any community (outside college) and meet new people, make network with them. Networking is essential, but most of the college students fail to realize this.
- Never rely on a single source of information. A balanced viewpoint is always better than a biased one; It can lead to miscommunication.
- Never be afraid to fail. If one wants to do a task or activity or project, do it. Accept failures and learn from them and move on. Failure is an essential part of life.
- Start a community in college to whichever the things you are interested in and help grow your friends and juniors as well because with this you will get enough experience to do anything in your life.
- If you’re lazy and don’t want to do anything or didn’t do anything, then stop everything and work harder on your communication skills (body language too).
- Stop being dependent on parents for monetary help. Try to make some money so that you can bear your expenses. (It will help you a lot in your career)
- Build your own personal brand while in college, like write on Quora, start Youtube Channel, write blogs, etc.
What do you have to share with your college friends? Mention in comments below.